Monday, January 19, 2009

Milestone

Last night I decided it was time to try to run an entire mile without stopping. So I went to the gym. I jumped on the treadmill and began my warm up. I walked about a half mile and started to jog. I made it about a tenth of a mile before I figured out that I needed to warm up some more.

I walked some more until I had gone 1.5 miles and I was feeling it by then. So off I went at a decent pace and the next thing you know I had just completed the first mile I had run in many years. I felt elated.

I am finally starting to feel a sense of assurance about my health and my future health. I wouldn't trade how I feel for anything.

2 comments:

  1. One of the things that really helps me is documenting what I do. I often feel like I have not really accomplished much until I look back and see the progress I have made. It's very motivating.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you know Danny you can't run on low carb. It's physically not possible. :-) Congrats on showing the naysayers wrong.

    ReplyDelete