Thursday, January 15, 2009

Journaling

Ok. Here we go down the blogging trail.
I decided it would be an appropriate thing to do to blog about my journey to health. I have thought about blogging quite often and finally gave in.

I plan to try to capture my thoughts and emotions that bombard me as I fight my way to health and slimness. I am feeling a sense of accomplishment at the moment. Think about this for a minute. I have been on the treadmill 14 hours in 14 days. That is huge for me. Consistency (lack of) has been my downfall in my weight loss efforts up to this point.

I decided to challenge myself to 90 hours on the treadmill in the first 90 days of this year to develop proper habits and get into the rhythm of making daily exercise part of my life. It is working.

I have had to adjust my eating style as well. Low carb works best for me for several reasons. I don't have the energy peaks and valleys when I eat LC. My hunger stays in check much better. My appetite is much more subdued and minds its manners. I lose weight faster and easier on LC than on any other method of eating.

Since I have started losing weight and exercising my blood sugar has been perfect and my blood pressure has been very close to normal.

My goal now is to maintain consistency in eating LC and daily exercise. When I am consistent the weight comes off and I feel amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment